Tuesday, January 3, 2012

2012

Where to start off?? 2011 was brought in with a bang. Great friends, great beer (GLBC Christmas Ale to be exact), music, a little smooching, the sexiest sky high glitter heels from GUESS and pictures to remember. But what I have taken out of 2011 is priceless. And that is my ability to survive all the bullshit it has given me and know that I had some amazing times too.

I survived:
  • losing my job in April 
  • losing my chance to move into the most beautiful vintage apartment in Lakewood
  • realizing some people could let you down
  • seeing the love of my life after 2 years of him being away, talking to him for months then hearing him tell me he was getting married (the day of)
  • The first 6 months of Cosmetology School at Brown Aveda
  • heartache and general boy frustrations
I gained:
  • a new career path in Cosmetology
  • an appreciation for the people who have always been in my life and aren't going anywhere
  • new people in my life who have been amazing
  • the ability to face heartbreak once and for all and know it is necessary in life
  • a new outlook on loving myself before seeking it from others.
I'm a nice person and I give alot of myself to other people but in the end after all those Facebook status updates about New Years Resolutions and changing, I've realized something. And that is that no matter what, a date in time isn't going to force you to resolve anything. Only you can do that, and maybe by looking back on the things in time and the year that you had you can learn it only helped define you as a person. I learned I'm much stronger emotionally than I ever thought possible and that I will do what it takes to get things done. I don't need another person, a fabulous job or love to define me, to tell me what is right or wrong or make me feel like I am worth something. Although, there will be times I will feel lonely or maybe distraught but ya know what? It's okay. Therefore I am not making a resolution to tack on the wall and look at in the hopes it might come true but I am going to make a dedication to strengthen my belief in myself and know that everything I do has a motivation and reason behind it and to ALWAYS be okay with my decisions and never stop wishing on the first star I see in the sky every night, because I deserve all of that much and more. At least until the world ends :p (p.s. that was sarcasm...no belief in the end lol)

Happily Dreaming of the Year ahead.

I hope that everyone else has an amazing start to their New Year and they have a bold refreshing outlook.

No comments:

Post a Comment