Monday, January 24, 2011

It's Great to Have Friends

I've been in one of those funks where the idea of being around people was not remotely appealing.  And if you know me, this is really a very rare occurrence.  I would much rather be surrounded by a group of my friends at all times then be bored sitting around by myself.

But for reasons I cannot explain I had one of those weeks where I just wanted to cry a little bit and hit the ignore button quite frequently when anyone would call me.  After a particularly tough Friday, idk what it was but I came home in a shaky mood, got into a fight with my dad (which always just makes me sad), got in the car after a close friend convinced me to go out with him and cried because the Jay-Z/Alicia Keys song came on about New York, which is where my best friend lives.

Me and my NYC Bestie circa 2009 <3; being fools

I know...sob, sob, sob, sob, sob.  But, I promise there is a point to this.  My revelation is that after a full week of funky anti-social behavior it was my friends that brought me out of it.  From an hour long phone call with my bestie in NYC to a couple days over the weekend with glasses of wine and movies with a good guy friend, to coffee and games of 10 & 2's at the dirtiest but most frequented coffee shop in the Cle with my friends...I know that I have the best support group whenever I need it and that is something that makes me ecstatic. 

They'll listen to my cry about heartaches, complain about my parents, get angry over frenemies and just be upset when I want to be.  I hope all of my dear readers having people in their life like me, without friends life is pretty much sad and meaningless.  But remember you are allowed to have a week of anti-social behavior here and there :)

No comments:

Post a Comment