Thursday, December 2, 2010

The Fallen King

I am not a huge sports fan by any means...anyone I know will tell you that I couldn't decipher between many of the plays in specific sports, or tell you the entirety of a team.  However, I am a Cleveland sports fan, a Cleveland believer and I was one of thousands who were crushed when LeBron left the way he did.

Sherwin-Williams banner being taken down, we were all the witnesses of prime backstabbing


This gets to be brought up today because it is, what I think maybe, one of the most crucial moments in our city's history this year.  Cavaliers vs. Heat tonight and in that I only need to say...crap.  I wholeheartedly believe that the Cavs can kick the butts of the celebrity team "the chosen ones" or whatever it is they choose to call themselves these days.  I like to say that revenge is the best motivation to get someone back, and from what I have paid attention to the Cavs have been doing pretty well for themselves thus far.  Even beating the Celtics after the Heat had lost to them.  Safe to say with some simple logic the Cavs>Celtics>Heat we already sorta beat them once.

So here is what I have to say.  As much as I want to plea to Cleveland to be respectful, to not get rowdy, to keep their bottles in their hands...generally as much as I want to tell them don't give the rest of the country more reason to bad mouth my favorite city (they're gonna do it anyway)...I can't.  Cleveland is known for their rowdiness, we are known for our fans who will pummel you if you look at them wrong and we are known for our dedication.  And that is why the LeBron knife cut so deeply.  Cleveland believed in it's strongest player, the one who made promises of staying in town until he could prevail, the one who said he cared.

I cannot blame him for wanting to win, to chase the team that might give him that quick possibility.  But what I can blame him for is his execution:
  • Hiding out in another town
  • Announcing the decision like it was a circus show
  • Not trying to beat the best...rather join them (not how MJ did it)
  • Acting rude over people being upset over his decision (summer tweets about keeping notes on haters) instead of realizing he pissed off a sports crazy town.

Rumor has told me he basically ordered his fiance to stay in Akron (I have a friend who works at the salon she gets her hair done at) and he gets to party it up in Miami.  What are you teaching your kids Bron Bron?  So twitter is raging, blogs are raging...the entire city of Cleveland is raging.  The Q is taking as many precautions as possible:
  • Confiscating t-shirts that might be rude (i.e. Quitness, ruined LeBron jerseys etc.)
  • Body Scanning
  • Having a Bomb Squad ready
  • Pouring drinks in cups...no bottles (lol)
  • Kicking you out if you get too unruly
Don't wear it...you'll loose it. I have a feeling you'll want to wear it at another time.

    Cleveland...be rowdy but don't be dumb.  I suggest this great campaign on twitter @laughatlebron where the whole goal is just to laugh (he won't know what to do). As for me I'm going to watch the game from the comfort of my own home with my Quitness tee. Have fun Clevelanders.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment