Thursday, December 16, 2010

It's Thursday

I know great job at stating the obvious.  Anyhow I've noticed that a lot of blogs take on this "Thankful Thursday" posting.  So I thought I would give it a try (I know original right) but, before you knock me I'm going to do a small twist on it.  I'm going to list the things I'm thankful for, but then add a new section..."Things I am most definitely not Thankful for".  So lets get started:

Today, I am thankful for:
  •  My mom's homemade Chicken Dumpling Soup: although I take all the chicken out since I am a veggie
  •  My fluffy scarf: It is cold in Cleveland
  •  The power of my words: Being friendly and saying the right things makes the day pleasant
  •  Phoenix Coffee: I love warm teas and the awesome service, plus there is an adorable barista guy ;-)
Crazy Latte Art, delicious results
  •  My best friend, she's amazing, even though she is 8 hours away.
  •  Boots: In this crazy Cleveland weather, it makes it so much easier to get around
  •  Christmas Music: I know that most people don't like it all the time, but I have continually had 106.5 on my radio since Thanksgiving
  • My Christmas Tree: Which will have its own blog post, probably tomorrow
  • Snow 
  • 4-Wheel Drive: for dealing with the snow
  • My twitter:  I am a social media freak, make fun of me if you will
Trust me, I have so many things to be thankful for in my life.  But, the list would go on and on and on, not to mention I'm sure certain aspect of my life will find their way into my blog posts soon enough.  Now, lets get onto what I am NOT thankful for.
  • Crazy Cleveland Drivers (just because it snowed doesn't mean you should disobey traffic laws and forget how to drive)
Yeah, I was in that...for 3 hours, normally takes me 25 mins to get home
  • The cost of parking: anytime you go somewhere Downtown it costs you a gajillion dollars to park...love cities but never have loved this aspect
  • Ignorance: every time I read an article about hate and anger, all I can think of is how ignorant these things sound...and how much more I am disappointed in some humanity.
  • Forgetting breakfast = rumbly tummy
  • People that I see everyday not recognizing my face: seriously we have a conversation every day.
And that my friends, are a few things that I can honestly say bug me, however not the long list (not even the most intense).  I will say this though, generally I am a happy person so there are many things that don't actually bug me.   Well, I hope that you enjoyed (at least a little) some of my thankfuls and not so thankfuls. <3

    No comments:

    Post a Comment