Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Hello December

Today was an especially difficult day to drag myself out of bed because I was so warm and comfortable (my bed is like lying in a pile of fluff and happiness).  However, upon wiping the sleep outta my eyes, tripping over my dog, and almost falling down the stairs, I realized that it was December.   The month of December means SNOW, SNOW, SNOW and even more snow.  And in the fancy city of Cleveland, snow to most people is a curse.  It means crazier drivers, bigger potholes, longer commute times, lots of salt and of course blustery cold temperatures.  But to this insane chick over here snow in Cleveland means this:
Snowball Fight circa 2006 at BWC with my bestie <3
 It's true, I relish in the moments when there is enough snow to stick on the ground and so that I have the possibility of making a snow ball.  But here is why snow is wonderful:
  • It's sparkley
  • It's cold (my general disposition is better in the cold)
  • It's pretty
  • It makes everything look clean
  • Nothing compares to a snowy Christmas morning
  • My dog loves to jump through the snow (he's got little legs and a long body) and it's adorable
  • It tastes good when catching snowflakes on the tongue (so maybe I act like I'm 5)
  • Snowball Fights
  • Igloos
  • Snowmen
  • Sledding
Those are the big reasons I can come up with right now but I am a firm advocate of winter fun and have been ever since I can remember.  I will always be happier in the months of December-March where it is acceptable to wear colorful scarves, winter coats and cardigans.  My main memo of this blog as I heard the moans and groans of many people during the extremely gentle flurry this morning...buck up Cleveland the wintertime is beautiful and you know that there will be a time during the winter when we experience 60+ degree weather...so chin up and come join me for a snowball fight and igloo buildings session!

No comments:

Post a Comment